- 4 Slices of white breads
- 8-10 Thin slices of lotus roots
- Half cup of mashed cottage cheese
- 1 Slice of Smoked cheese
- Half spoon Butter
- Boil the lotus roots slices for 8-10 mins till become soft. Strain the water and wash the lotus roots, and keep it aside.
- Mash the cottage cheese, add a pinch of salt, dry basil and dill leaves. Sprinkle some pepper, and salt on these slices.
- Now, toast the lotus roots in a frying pan in very little oil/butter till these become dry and turned a bit brown.
- Take two pieces of breads; on one piece spread tomato/chili sauce one side, and on another spread mustard sauce (or another sauce you may like, as you can find in Subway).
- Spread the slices of lotus roots, spread mashed cottage cheese and a slice of smoked cheese over it (this works as binder too)
- Toast this sandwich on a grill toaster for 3-4 mins, till the toast take grilled shape, and turned golden.
- Take it out hot and cut in triangle piece.
- Serve it with mayonnaise, or any homemade mint & tomato sauce.
Some of my vegetarian friends got confused it with Ham Sandwiches when the saw, but when they tasted it they loved it 🙂 So it seems good vegetarian mock-meat sandwiches 😉