- Four cups fresh milk
- 1 cup ghee roasted Semai (Vermicelli ) (approx 50 gms)
- Half cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 table spoons of instant Kulfi powder/Milk powder
- 1-2 table spoon fine sliced pistachios
- 2 table spoons fine sliced almonds
- 7- 8 cardamom
- Take four cups of fresh milk in the deep pan and bring it to boil, (add Cardamom without removing skin completely, this is just to get the flavor in milk), add powdered sugar, and keep it stirring slowly so that it doesn’t stick to the pan, and reduced to about 3 cups and become thicker. Remove the solid Cardamom from the milk.
- Add almond and pistachio and kulfi/milk powder and stir the milk for another 5 minutes and reduce flame.
- Slide the the roasted Vermicelli in the milk and stir slowly so that Vermicelli doesn’t strangled togeter and remain smooth and separate. Cook for approx 5 mins and close the flame.
- If you like it cold, let the kheer cool down, then transfer it into the serving bowl and keep it in fridge for 1-2 hours. Ready to enjoy!
This is simple and super yummy dessert. Can have it both ways,- hot or cold with some sweets like Gulab Jamun or Rasgulla!