- 4-5 big Arabi (colocasia) leaves
- 1 cup of white urad daal (Vigna Mungo)
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 1 cup of besan (Gram flour)
- 1/2 cup of corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoon of pakoda masala
- a pinch of black pepper and heeng (Asafoetida)
- Grind paste of 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of green chili
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Soak the urad daal and rice in water for 1-2 hours, and then grind it to make a thick paste.
- Add ginger, garlic and chili paste and mix well, add 2 teaspoon of pakoda masala, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and a pinch of heeng powder, salt to taste and mix the paste well. Keep it aside.
- Take a separate bowl and make the batter of gram flour, corn flour, baking powder and yogurt, mix well and avoid lumps. Add red chili powder, salt to taste. Keep it aside.
- Leave both pastes for 30 mins.
- Wash the colocasia leaves thoroughly in running water, and peel off the excess roots and stems so that the leaves become smoother as flat.
- Now spread the Urad, Rice paste with hand on one side of the leave. Make another layer of gram/corn flour paste, and then roll it in the shape of big spring roll.
- Now cut this longer roll in to smaller sizes rolls of approx 1-2 inches
- Take vegetable oil in the frying pan, wrap these small rolls in gram/cornflour batter and deep fry.
- You can also make it without gram/cornflour batter wrap too (it will soak more oil 🙂
- Fry till turn golden brown.
- Remove it on kitchen paper towel, to remove excess oil.