- 100gms of glass noodles
- 1-2 teaspoon of tamarind juice or amchoor powder
- 2 teaspoons of dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1-2 teaspoon of thai chili sauce
- 1-2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1-2 clove of garlic- fine chopped
- 1/2 cup of fine chopped carrot (long slices)
- 1/2 cup of fine chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup of sprouts
- 1/4 cup of chopped garlic chives or green onion
- 1/2 cup of small pieces of tofu
- 1/4 cup of green vegetable leaves of your choice
- 1-2 lemon wedges
- 2-3 table spoons of vegetable oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Heat up the water in a deep pan and soak the glass noodles in warm water for about 30 mins. Drain the water and keep the noodles aside.
- Take the tamarind or amchoor powder in 3-4 spoons of warm water, and squeeze the tamarind with hand or steel spoon. Strain the juice and throw away the solid remaining. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste and mix it well.
- Heat up the large saute pan, add 2 spoons of vegetable oil, add chopped garlic till it turned brown.
- Add carrots, green chives, tofu, cabbage and green vegetable, sprinkle pepper and chili and then saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, and saute for another 1-2 mins.
- Add noodles and stir for 2-3 mins, add bean sprouts and stir-fry for another 1-2 mins and toss well in between.
- Add the tamarind, chili sauce and mix well. It is ready to serve.
Serve it on hot on Banana leave, Garnish with lemon wedge and fresh cucumber, onion salad.