- 4-5 big boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup fine chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mashed cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fine chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds
- 1/2 tea spoon amchoor powder
- 2-3 leaves of tej patta
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Desi ghee or vegetable oil for cooking
- Heat up a spoon of desi ghee (or butter or vegetable oil) in a deep bottom frying pan.
- Add cumin and ajwain seeds tej patta, add chopped onion till turned golden.
- Add mashed cottage cheese and saute for 2-3 minutes till it turn bit golden too.
- Add chopped tomatoes, ginger, green chili, garam masala, amchoor powder, salt to taste and saute for another 2-3 minutes, add a cup or half of water to make it a gravy.
- Once the gravy become thicker, take boiled potatoes and break with hand in random pieces (not to small, not to big) and dip in the the gravy.
- Close the lid and cook in slow flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add basil leaves, sprinkle black pepper and switch off the flame.
- Close the lid, leave the potatoes to be soaked in this ticker gravy for some time (10-15 minutes).
Garnish with chopped green cooriandar leaves, serve it hot with hot naan or chapati 🙂