- 100gm seedless tamarind
- 3/4 cup grated Jaggery
- 10/12 Khajoor (dates)
- 3/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 tsp saunf powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Soak tamarind in 2 cups of warm water for 5 minutes.
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel, add the tamarind along with the water and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let it cool.
- Once cooled, grind this tamarind mixture along with dates as a paste, add very little water.
- Strain through a sieve and pour this tamarind – date paste back into the heavy bottomed vessel.
- Cook on slow to medium flame, add the grated jaggery and allow to melt and blend well with the tamarind date mixture. Continue to cook and stir till it becomes a thick pouring consistency.
- Add chili powder, cumin powder saunf powder and salt to taste, stir while cooking. Turn off heat when the chutney is bit thick and smooth.
Note: Recipie submitted by one of our fans- Chandni Singh. Thanks to her 🙂