- 8-10 fresh carrots
- 2 cups of fresh milk
- 1/2 cup of mixed roasted nuts and resins ( Cashew, Almond, pistachios )
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of suger (depends of sweetness you want)
- 1/2 cup of Khoya (or 1/4 cup of condensed milk)
- 1/4 cup of Desi ghee
- Wash the carrots well, and peel off the surface.
- Grate the carrots (Note: Wash the carrots before grating, DONOT wash the grated carrots- otherwise the juice of carrots will be washed away too).
- Take deep frying pan over medium flame, and add the ghee in the warm pan.
- Add grated carrots and roast/sauté till the water almost vaporized.
- Add Milk and sugar, cover the lid and cook for another 5-8 mins over medium flame.
- Add Khoya and mix it well, keep stirring for another 1-2 mins till it becomes dry, yet soft, and smells sweet.
- Close the flame and mix the roasted nuts, and close the lid closed for a min.
- For garnishing; sprinkle some fine grated pistachio and almond, decorate with few cashew nuts and resins. You can use a bit of silver vark too if you like.
Serve it hot in a glass bowl, have it after the meal. Eat it slow with a small spoon, and enjoy the warm sweetness 🙂