- One long melon (Lauki)
- One Boiled potato
- Two big tomatoes
- One big onion
- One teaspoon green coriander leaves
- One teaspoon fine cut chili and ginger
- One cup gramflour
- Two big spoon of Semolina powder
- One big spoon of cornflour
- One spoon Butter
- Some resin and cashew nuts
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Two teaspoon of fresh cream (Malai)
- Remove the lauki seeds and grate it.
- Remove the excess water by pressing in between the hands, mash the boiled potato, cottage cheese, fine cut green chili, coriander leaves, black pepper, salt and mix it well
- Mix the gramflour, cornflour, semolina, and backing soda to make a thick paste
- Add salt, pepper, garam masala, a pinch of amchoor powder, red and green chili to taste
- Leave this paste for 30 mins to 1 hour
- Make the round balls of lauki paste with hands (use some oil in hand to easy), and add a resin and cashewnut inside the ball.
- Take vegetable oil in the frying pan, and deep fry these lauki balls till turn golden brown.
- Take it out and spread it on tissue paper to remove excess oil is soaked.
- Make paste of onion, garlic and ginger
- Take a deep pan and fry this paste with various spices till the paste become golden, add tomatos paste in the onion and cook it well till it it leaves oil.
- Once the gravy is cooked, and add in this gravy and close the pan for few minutes so that kofta soaks the gravy inside
- Serve the koftas with gravy in bowls, and add spoon or two of malai on the top of it.
Serve it hot with garlic/butter naan, or laccha parantha.